No results found for your search
Product leaders: How do you answer questions about user behavior? How long does it take to answer a question?
I'm looking to understand the processes and tools product leaders use to understand how users are using their product.
I use both Hotjar and Mouseflow.
Crazy Egg, Hot Jar, Google Analytics, Chat Bot Analytics, Mix Panel, Flurry some of them ;)
It is really hard to pinpoint a "time" metric to each question, this all depends on the "problem"
you're trying to solve and of course, the question you have.
But I'd love to tell you about some of the tools we are using to answer some of these questions.
- CloseAlert - when we launched (new) email campaigns, changed the tone-of-voice or design
- Apptentive - to obtain more qualitative feedback and aggregated this back to our customer journey
- Usabilla - same as apptentive, but we also use it during A/B testing
- Zendesk - yes, it's a customer service tool, but I would always recommend looking into it.
- Starred - NPS- tracking (not my favourite metric to measure, but it works).
- Hotjar - used during A/B testing, finding bugs, discovering page intent, etc.
Finally, this is always the most interesting tool of them all... it's real life usability testing!
If you have any other questions, please let me know ;).
I also forgot to mention that I put together a pretty exhaustive list of the tools out there right now. You might find this helpful: https://thegood.com/guide/usability-testing-tools/
Hotjor, google analytics for web.
We currently use firebase for mobile app. Any recommendations for the usability testing for an app?
In addition to all these great tech tools, my favorite process is one-on-one interviews with active users.
Quantitative data can give you lots of info about *what* people are doing in-app. Interviews (especially Jobs to Be Done style interviews) can help you answer questions about *why* people are using your app in a particular way.
How long does it take? It depends on the question.
Use the feedback box below if you have a question, comment or general feedback.
Your feedback has been sent.
Sweet! The link has been copied to your clip boardy board!
Flash isn't supported. Please copy the link manually.