No results found for your search
Ask GH: Who is using Zapier? What do you find it most useful for?
Curious to start using it and just want to hear some advice. Mostly for social media development.
I use Zapier for the following:
- Unbounce landing pages into GoToWebinar registration process
- Google Spreadsheets to email so I can generate lots of custom email quickly via my own email account to contacts/influencers/etc. and track it all in the spreadsheet.
Would love to see a write-up on they custom email technique, sounds awesome!
Thanks Morgan. Will keep in mind when i start using it more.
Would LOVE to here more about this Google Spreadsheet hack. I do that manually and it's a nightmare.
I use Zapier for pretty much all my business automation. I always say though if Zapier ever goes down for even a day a lot of businesses are screwed. lol
I also use it as a brain exercise once in a while to find new ways different systems can be integrated to achieve growth
Yes! I use Zapier for taking user details from mySQL database and adding them automatically to Highrise. I think it's a great tool because you can connect a lot of apps that traditionally required in house dev to do.
in our office, we use Slack as our main internal messaging tool, and we have a bunch of feeds that we use with it, in terms of social media tracking, customer sign-ups, Git requests, etc. I find it an amazing help
If you are looking for more social media integration you should take a look at https://ifttt.com which is similar to zapier.
I just started testing some advanced email lists with campaign monitor. I have it set up to move subscribers from an autoresponder list to a different list when the autoresponder is finished.
Zapier will take new subscribers I set up on an autoresponder and create a google calendar event for when the autoresponder emails are finished (which is a few weeks later). Once the calendar event comes up, it will add that email contact to a different list I can then use for regular email marketing.
The most used Zap is to connect our payment platforms to our email lists. When someone signs up, they get tagged a certain way depending on the channel and then a specific email campaign based on those tags. I use ifttt for personal stuff and Zapier for biz.
We're awaiting approval, so I'll keep you posted on how it goes once we get approved (we being daPulse.com).
I use Zapier for...:
- Google Spreadsheets (CSV) to Sezion, so me or our clients can easily generate personalized videos (a video per product for ecommerce or an email campaign where every subscriber receives a video with their name, etc.). Howto video: http://bit.ly/1BQE1Ab.
- Unbounce landing pages to Activecampaign, so I can easily launch automate email campaigns.
- Unbounce to Zoho CRM.
- Twitter to Twitter, so I can automatically retweet our corporate tweets from my personal account.
- Appointlet to Sezion, Sezion to Gmail. Every time a lead asks for a calendar slot, he/she automatically receives an email with a personalized video with the new meeting information.
- Twitter to Sezion, so I can easily make videos from my favorite tweets (triggers: #marketing, more than 1k followers).
I use Zapier in a few ways:
- automated tweets to new followers w/ free content download via landing page (converts surprisingly well)
- hubspot / hip chat integration for quick ( and in your face!) way of notifying sales team of new leads.
- GoToMeeting creation from landing page call request
When I launched the MVP for my startup, I used Zapier to power the backend of my 'app'.
Blogged about it here
Used the MVP to start bringing in revenue & get into 500 Startups' accelerator program as a non-technical founder.
blog posts here http://buildingkollecto.com/post/105930836083/building-without-an-ounce-of-code-part-2
and here http://buildingkollecto.com/post/130109195648/building-without-code-part-3-4
Join over 70,000 growth pros from companies like Uber, Pinterest & Twitter
Use the feedback box below if you have a question, comment or general feedback.
Your feedback has been sent.
Sweet! The link has been copied to your clip boardy board!
Flash isn't supported. Please copy the link manually.