No results found for your search
Ask GH: What do you think of our landing page?
We created a very simple & elegant landing page for our beta testers: www.byndapp.com
What do you think?
--- WOW! You guys rock!! Thanks for all the feedback. ---
I'd put a CTA at the top of the landing page, maybe a button or a text link in the top right to take the user right to the bottom if they don't want to go through the whole flow.
Thanks for your feedback, Kamil! Already had something similiar in mind :)
Looks good! The signup form could be higher up and more visible. Most people won't take the time to scroll all the way down, so it's best if you present the opportunity to be a beta tester sooner.
Instead of "Wanna become a beta tester?" consider using stronger language like "Receive early access."
Create a separate landing page for places that will send you the most traffic. Separate one for GH, another for PH, and so on.
You could even add a sense of urgency by mentioning exclusive invites on each landing page. "Reserve an exclusive invite -- available to visitors of GrowthHackers for a limited time only"
Awesome feedback, Hannah! Really appreciate it :)
I really like the concept, although out of personal preference I would have liked to see a graphic (or background image) in the hero banner.
The paragraph text should also be 1-2 pixels larger IMO, as there's a lot of empty space that can be used to make it easier to read.
Besides that, the graphics look nice and I think you've done a good job. Hope that helps :-)
Thanks for your feedback, Fabio! Helps A LOT :)
I think you have a lot of room for improvement/testing on your headlines. "Some Usual Problems" is a missed opportunity to position your product. Also, the next three bullets ("One Central Hub" etc) could better explain benefits rather than features. For example "Human Editor" isn't something that makes sense at first glance, but a concept from the copy like "Never miss an update" does.
Will change and explain it a little bit more. Thanks for your suggestions, Emily! :)
Looks great guys. Maybe a few comments, the copy seems too small, maybe add more size to titles and description text. Put some CTA at the top of the landing, maybe transitions or parallax effect.
Many suggested that before. Will implement it asap. Thanks, Santiago! :)
My 2 cents...
- The whole information could be gathered on 1 place above the fold + short video/gif explanation. Don't make the user scroll if he doesn't have to. A/B test short version against the current one.
- Also - if it's an app, say that it is an app. In the headline.
- Get a good copywriter or learn how to write a good copy. Right now it's pretty week. Stop using "we" and start using "you". The user only cares about himself.
- Example: "We´re using a lot of different apps like Facebook, Twitter or Youtube on our smartphones every day." Thank you Captain Obvious. This sentence doesn't help. There is no context, no answer to a problem.
- No matter how much you like your logo it shouldn't be the main element on the page, above the fold.
- I'm still wondering how your app will be an answer to the "ALGORITHMIC EDITING"...
- Your contact form should stand out.
- Mention if there are some hardware limitations - is you app working on Android 2.0 or 5.0? Can I use it on a Tablet? If the app can work on everything, GREAT - tell your potential beta testers.
- BTW is this an edited bootstrap template? Cause I saw something very similar a few times.
Sorry about the harsh tone, but don't launch your app with the current landing page. Read all Unbounce.com resources and apply them towards your goal.
LOVE your harsh tone. Many thanks for your honest feedback, Plamen! Will discuss and implement everything step by step.
Please, share the updated version (once it's ready). Cheers!
I think it's great! Helps me understand what the app does, perfectly.
Thanks for asking, Kane! We are working on an app, which will let you combine all your social media feeds like from Instagram, Facebook & Twitter into one medium! So you can save time and focus on what really matters.
Your hero copy should be bigger, maybe bold and more in the center (vertical).
You could create a parallax effect like this one: impossible.com
Your form in the end it's not good speaking in terms of UX
Wrote down your suggestions, Paulo! Thanks for submitting.
A couple comments:
- I was expecting your down arrow to be clickable, but I clicked it and nothing happened.
- Not sure I am a fan of the "Some Usual Problems" headline. It doesn't grip me, doesn't make me feel like those are problems I am dealing with.
- I would consider simplifying/changing the 3 bullet headlines as well "ALGORITHMIC EDITING" - many people have no clue what that is and therefore can't relate and don't convert on trial sign up. I think the copy in general could definitely be tested and improved.
- With a long page like this do you have scroll mapping? Would get that setup ASAP if not.
- Have you tested spacing on the IOS/Android buttons at the bottom? They're quite far apart. Perhaps you could use useragent or something to detect device type and auto highlight?
You could also test CTA buttons that take you to the anchored form area when clicked. Possibly one at every section or so and monitor which ones tend to get clicked the most as well as which ones lead to the most trial submissions.
Love your feedback, Austin! Wrote everything down in Trello. Will discuss this with the Team asap .
I think the "All your social media feeds in one place" could be a bit bigger. I also think there should be a CTA under that to sign up to be a Beta tester.
Overall, really love it!
And we really love your feedback, Drew! Thanks :)
Like the idea. FYI, minor issue...Under "Some Usual Problems"...Under "Information Overload" the word challenge is mispelled as 'challange'. Will check out the Android version soon.
Will fix these minor issues today. Thanks for signing up, Joseph :)
Agreed...it is almost a little too simple. A nice CTA would make it much more clear. Good luck.
Thanks Buckley. Yes, we are almost obsessed with simplicity but sometimes it´s better to add a little more funcionality to the product instead of removing it! :)
I tried clicking the down arrow on the home page but nothing happened. After a few seconds, I realised I needed to scroll. It'd be better if you could have a smooth scroll on the arrow down click event. Make sure the hover state changes so you know it's clickable too.
You´re absolutely right, Ryan, Will fix the down arrow issue as soon as we can. We implemented smooth scroll before but removed it but will discuss this again with the whole team! Thanks for your suggestions.
Besides the feedback giving by others:
- "Too many sources of information" & "Information overload" both come down to the same thing and could probably be condensed into one
- Questioning the Bynd-zero... Personally I don't think reading évery bit of news is what people desire (imagine following 500 people on Twitter + 250 FB friends). Instead maybe focus this on the important news, if that already is the case, tell that.
Looking forward to testing it!
Hey, Rick! Thanks for your feedback. You could have “Too many sources of information", but that doesn´t mean that those sources like an calendar or weather app are generating an overload if information. We´re talking about the big picture here.
Agree with @kamil - your main real estate is devoid of anything to capture leads - make it more enticing in case people don't want to scroll down.
Will do! Thanks for your feedback, Jas!
I don't mind that you don't have the CTA at the top. People are accustomed to scrolling. However if you take this route you should add an anchor link to the arrow that moves the user to the next section
Also you should be commended for putting your page out there for critique - not an easy thing to do!
Negative feedback is what improves a product not positive one. :)
Wrote it down on your To-Do-List. Thanks for suggesting it, Michael!
value prop is super clear as are the supporting arguments - as people have said, your CTA (and maybe some social proof) should be above the fold (at least one variant should, if you prove that conversion is higher your way, keep it that way:)
Thanks for your fedback, Adam!
my pleasure - hope it helps... do you have an updated version or at least an updated variant based on everyone's feedback, that is the true value of a community like this - let's see if the comments increase conversions! do you use unbounce or optimizely etc?
We are currently in product-development mode and will, soon after the release, update our webpage. Will let everyone know when we´re done! :)
Your font is too big and the images are out of place - but other than that it's pretty sleek looking!
Thanks, Amir. We´ll fix the issues with the images and fonts as soon as possible! :)
I really like the graphics. It's neat and well presented.
I think the value proposition could be explained better and that the visitor should be given both a short and long description of the benefits of the service. One of the things I thought of is: "this sounds great, but how does it differ from SumAll or other services?"
Hey Othmane, thanks for your feedback! Bynd will provide a lot of benefits but we´ve mentioned just a few of it. Other services such as SumAll or Hootsuite are designed for B2B and are social media management tools for big companies/brands. We are aiming B2C and are actively fighting agains information overload! Hope you´ve signed up! :)
I think your landing page is well designed, and clear.
As some have mentioned - I also think you should consider including another conversion point (form), preferably on the top of the page, in case someone does not scroll all the way down.
I would also refrain from including all your social links, such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as those are external links, which can drive visitors away from your landing page.
Obviously, that's not what you want. It is meant to on-board more Beta testers, rather than more social networks followers.
Hey Kobe, many thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it!. We will update the webpage with your suggestions very soon! Hope you´ve signed up as well :)
The red's bit uncomfortable on the eyes. I say a bit, I mean quite.
Also the 3D effect is a bit "tacky" and only appears once (I'd suggest consistency of styling throughout).
The footer is a bit of a mess IMHO. There's red and black and calls to action that aren't clear. Suggest this needs tidying up.
Other points: couldn't find a cookie opt-out on the home page (isn't that an EU directive requirement) and no physical address. Nor could I find details of your DPD registration.
There are also discrepancies between your German and English statements. Will "Your personal news feed" sound stronger to a German speaking audience than the Hootsuite-esq "All your social media feeds in one location"?
Many thanks for your feedback, Ross! We highly appreciate it :)
You can will all the need information you need in the imprint: http://byndapp.com/Impressum_en.html
The other issues will be fixed as soon as possible!
Main thought was focusing on the value first:
"Save time and focus on the most important social media updates"
Then describe the service/product:
"Bynd collects all your social media feeds into one beautifully designed app".
Will also echo that the color you guys chose is a bit jarring, it's very difficult to read, combined with the small text.
Definitely think you guys are onto something here though - this is something I'd love to use!
Hey, Timothy. We just LOVE your feedback. Would you mind testing the beta version of our app?
@timwut please DM me or enter your mail adress on our webpage. Thanks in advance!
I know you've already got a ton of comments, so forgive me if I repeat others.
First, the positives.
1. Your product sounds awesome! Love the idea.
2. I like that the layout structure is nice and clean with minimal distractions.
3. You lead with a nice clear value proposition. I can't tell you how many times I come across a page where I have no clue what it is the solution actually is or does.
4. Stating that the trial is available on a limited basis is a nice way to add urgency. You might even want to make that a little more prominent.
Now for what I would consider changing.
1. Put the form above the fold. That's the whole purpose of the page, so don't hide it.
2. Why not make the arrow link to an anchor starting the next section? It's a little thing, but a nice touch.
3. In the second section, instead of simply pointing out the pain points, speak to, or at least hint at, how Bynd solves them.
4. The copy would be more personal an persuasive if you use the second person.
5. I really like the line "Regain control of your fees again." In fact, it's much stronger than the subhead its under, which got me thinking, you should test benefit subs against your feature subs.
6. You might also want to test your colors. Some of the copy reverberates a little against that redish/pinkish background. You also want to have more contract with the form. Make it stand out.
Hope that helps. Good luck.
@seankirby many thanks for your feedback! Did you signed up for the beta version of Bynd? If not, please go to byndapp.com or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will personaly put you on the list and would love to hear your feedback!
Thanks Ömer. I would love to sign up except, believe it or not, I don't own a smartphone.
Use the feedback box below if you have a question, comment or general feedback.
Your feedback has been sent.
Sweet! The link has been copied to your clip boardy board!
Flash isn't supported. Please copy the link manually.