App Academy is building world-class training programs that help people from all backgrounds and experience levels, succeed in tech. We have been profiled in The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Bloomberg as a driving force behind the changing face of tech education in America. Our unique model — we defer tuition until our students graduate and secure jobs afterwards — aligns us with the success of our students. Alongside our top-ranked in-person training programs, App Academy is building the largest online learning community for software engineers through its Open platform. Join us on our mission to empower people to transform their lives through code.
About the Role
The Lifecycle Marketing Manager role will bring a new emphasis towards App Academy’s funnel conversion rates. App Academy has a lengthy application process, so we’re looking for someone who can keep our applicants from becoming lost or discouraged! As a Lifecycle Marketer, you will be responsible for executing and reporting on applicant-facing marketing communications. The candidate will help define the company's audience targeting strategy, testing methodology, and measurement of marketing effectiveness. You’ll also work with the App Academy Open product and future enterprise efforts.
To date, we’ve primarily focused on basic email campaigns, so you’ll help us build our first multi-channel journeys across text, product, and email to provide the most relevant and helpful applicant experience possible.
Experience and Qualifications
- You have effectively led email (or lifecycle) programs before, are detail oriented, and understand how to drive a project from A to Z.
- You are both a creative and data-driven thinker and care deeply about precise targeting as well as delightful, on-brand experiences. You are an excellent communicator who enjoys servicing internal requests.
- You thrive on having autonomy and responsibility, and have enough grit to solve challenging problems at a fast pace.
Nice to Have
- Experience using statistics to make decisions
- Ability to create and optimize SQL queries
- Proficient Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc)
- Take ownership for student success. Everyone works together to enable student success, not just those who directly face them.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data, allowing the best ideas can come from anywhere.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things, we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency. Build as if someone's career depends on it.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision plans with 100% support for premiums
- Generous paid family leave program
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning
- In the first few weeks, you’ll become deeply familiar with App Academy’s products, brand, and our existing email flows and processes.
- By month three, you’ll take full ownership of our product email campaigns, transactional emails, and customer experience after the first site visit. You will also compile a backlog of growth experiments to drive lifts in consumer and enterprise revenue as well as retention.
- By month six, you will have run several growth experiments in an attempt to improve upon existing performance. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Admissions and Product teams to find the best experience for our applicants. You are now a big part of the journey from an ad click until starting our course, including landing page copy, sales copy, and understanding what resources are needed by other teams.
- By year one, you will have been the mastermind behind multiple big wins across our automated touchpoints, evolved our participation strategy, and collaboratively defined a long-term plan for scaling and improving our application pathway.