We are currently searching for a talented Director of Digital Marketing (DDM) to join our marketing team. The DDM will lead the strategic planning and daily execution of digital marketing activities. The role will lead a team of digital marketers that will be responsible for demand creation, lead generation, acquisition and engagement to drive sales growth of Robbins Brothers both on and offline.
The ideal candidate will be a digital leader with a clear track record of developing successful campaigns that generate new leads, nurture customers through a decision journey that can take up to 3+ months, and drive high conversion to close sales. He/she will partner closely with other marketing, communications, brand, PR and social media teams, to develop and execute programs that deepen our relationship with guests and build greater lifetime value.
The position requires experience leading a team as well as working effectively cross-functionally within marketing as well as other departments within the company, such as product, store operations, sales, credit and finance. Extensive experience is also required in managing external media, web development and SEO agencies through strategy, planning, design and execution.
The DDM will identify opportunities to grow existing channels and expand into new channels to drive growth. He/she will hire, train and mentor their marketing team to ensure proper execution of the Robbins Brothers’ brand. In addition to planning strategic initiatives and keeping on top of new technologies, the DDM will be responsible for keeping executives, directors and general managers abreast of the latest technology initiatives as well as clearly and compellingly present Robbins Brothers initiatives, successes, learnings and optimizations. The DDM will be expected to adhere to company budgets, brand and culture.
Development and Execution of the Digital Marketing Plan
- Lead the strategic planning and daily implementation of digital marketing plan for RB's digital properties across all channels, regions and devices.
- Contribute to the daily, monthly and quarterly promotional calendar so that digital activities are aligned with PR, social, event, local, traditional media and sales activities.
- Be a key player in setting the marketing plan, KPI’s, marketing spend, marketing mix, timeline/schedule and on-going integration of digital marketing process needed to hit traffic and sales growth goals for RB, across the RB Digital ecosystem, channels, and regions.
- Drive marketing integration to optimize earned, owned and paid channels and the customer decision journey to grow new customers, customer satisfaction, and advocacy.
- Contribute to the RB digital roadmap by analyzing customer behavior and opportunities to forecast and in turn make recommendations to identify, prioritize and drive the introduction of new features, content, and enhancements to fuel growth and adoption of the website.
- Lead the analysis of new partnerships, channels, and sponsorships strategies to inform data-driven decision making on investments to drive acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Guide and leverage the reporting dashboard to inform the on-going evolution of all marketing efforts across the funnel to reach key segments, penetrate/test key channels and increase engagement (overseeing analytics, email, SEO/SEM, digital advertising, acquisition conversion, consumer retention/lifetime value, etc.).
- Accountable for assigned marketing spend and mix to acquisition, engagement, retention, and LTV across all marketing, product and sales functions.
- Ensure consistent execution of all acquisition, conversion & retention strategies and tactics to improve funnel efficiencies, build community and pursue LTV opportunities to upsell and cross-sell throughout the RB Digital ecosystem.
Website and E-Commerce
- Oversee a web manager and be accountable for ensuring that all updates and enhances to the website are executed on time, on budget and on brand.
- Oversee UX/UI for greater conversion.
- Ensure web and digital presence stays on brand with look/feel, tone, and message.
- Oversee a web manager and be accountable for e-commerce daily operations and execution, including, but not limited to:
- Cart and Checkout functionality—ensuring optimal functionality and performance.
- Order fulfillment information is flowing to the correct departments to complete orders.
- Online revenue and conversion metrics tracked correctly and reported weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Understand and initiate Multi-Channel best practices.
- Create new potential distribution channels.
- Manage SEO firm and ensure all tactics are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure website SEO performance, staying on top of best practices, identifying new opportunities, working with other stakeholders to ensure the company is making and executing, decisions that help improve SEO performance.
- Help educate other marketing team members as to the best practices around SEO.
- Oversee goal setting and management, and reporting from key marketing platforms: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Salesforce, Pardot and social listening.
- Run AB and multi-variant testing of digital creative and assets.
- Develop surveys to develop more insights from our guests.
SEM Paid Search Initiatives
- Manage paid media agency and oversee all PPC Campaigns including Google, Bing, Yelp.
- Lower cost and increase click through and conversion.
- Optimize bids and keywords for highest conversion.
- Negative Keyword management.
- Landing page and creative/copy optimization.
- Manage media agency responsible for digital media planning and execution.
- IO management.
- Retargeting initiatives.
- Ensure all tagging is accurate and working correctly.
- Traffic all creative to the agency.
- Work with brand and creative marketing teams to create and enhance web content.
- Leverage internal resources to drive top content.
- Use content to help engage customers longer on site.
- Ensure day to day digital projects stay on schedule and on budget.
- Own monthly strategic planning and scheduling.
- Liaison between finance companies and content creation.
* Work with Social Media team to ensure digital marketing and social media alignment.
Customer Acquisition and Retention
- Manage email marketer to ensure effective lead nurturing communications.
- Develop email campaigns and one to one marketing opportunities that drive conversion.
- Oversee loyalty program and ensure.
- Grow email mail list.
- Ensure CRM insights are captured and implications share with the marketing team.
Ratings and Review Sites
- Monitor Ratings and Review sites (Yelp, Google, etc.).
Internal Web Portals
- Responsible for managing the internal Diamond search.
Adherence to Marketing Budget
- Understands and nurtures the RBI Corporate Culture.
- Exemplifies Company Values.
- Enforces a policy of accountability toward those that do not adhere to the company values.
Experience and Qualifications
- Digital Brand Builder for a multi-channel retailer.
- 10+ years of leading Digital Marketing Strategy Execution and Analytics.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit. Drive for Innovation.
- Outstanding Collaboration and Leadership Skills.
- Proven track record managing marketing-centric online businesses that have met business and financial goals using innovative and creative strategies and tactics.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- Strategic. Known for being a business “thought partner.”
- Proactive, responsive and fully engaged. Driven and takes personal accountability. High energy.
- Flexible and open-minded. Able to thrive in a team-based environment.
- Brings self-awareness and presence to win the respect of the organization and drive change. Strong team builder and people manager. Motivates their organization.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
Reports to: Vice President Marketing.
Location: Azusa, CA