Bruno Aziza makes the case that the role of CMOs are changing.
These "new marketers" are now focused on:
- The infrastructure of a site - applications, analytics, and user behavior
- Understanding that their opinions are a poor representation of their users
- Establishing their web sites as a "product" where visitors can accomplish something rather than just read about it
- Determining their visitors' pain points and addressing them
- Understanding "deal biometrics" - or how the sales process operates across the entire company