Why don’t we let the statistics answer that question for you. Here are 5 fast facts that will give you quick insight into this ballooning trend:
1. As you will read in just about any post related to this topic, by the year 2020, 50 percent of all internet searches will be done using voice search.
2. According to a study by OC&C Strategy Consultants, 55 percent of all households in the United States will own a smart speaker by 2022.
3. The same study predicts that voice shopping is predicted to grow to $40 billion in 2022
4. Voicebot reports 1 in 4 shoppers used voice assistants for their holiday shopping in 2017.
5. According to Alpine.AI, in January 2018, the frequency of voice searches was expected to be in the realm of 1 billion a month.
As you can see, not focusing on voice search will be detrimental. It is alarming that marketers have not paid much heed to this growing trend. In fact, the numbers show that 62 percent of marketers have no plan to take voice search into account.
The best way to get a competitive edge is to start preparing as soon as possible. But how?