This is a fabulous talk/rant/stand up routine from Des Traynor, co Founder of Intercom on the core principles of Product Strategy.
It’s only 7.5 minutes long but has lots of great points as well as a secret trick about watching your competitors that will guarantee you can build a useless sucky product that no one wants (or not).
Useful talk if you want to:
- Understand the single most important word in the product management toolbox
- Understand some of the simple drivers that make products too complicated for users to work
- How to prioritize your product roadmap
- Know why Des wouldn’t be much use in a knife fight
- Understand the myth of ‘engagement’
A useful talk if you don’t want to:
- Deliver yesterday’s broken technology – tomorrow.