What is the future of user interfaces (UI)? Many designers struggle with this existential question every day. With Artificial Intelligence (AI) becoming more creative, will humans still have a job designing user interfaces in the near future?
- The near future is mobile as new mobile users shift the majority of internet users.
- New pools of talent are coming to the workforce, radically shifting the mainstream.
- AI, voice control, smart devices, and augmented reality (AR) are finally taking a foothold in UI
- Skeuomorphic design might come back
- Neumorphic design might be headed for a resurgence too.