USERP ran a survey to find out the importance of link building to SEO and 800 people responded.
They also sourced quotes from SEO professionals and founders like:
- Andy Crestodina (co-founder of Orbit Media)
- Farzad Rashidi (co-founder of Respona)
- Anastasiia Prach (outreach specialist at snov.io)
- Adam Enfroy (grew his site from 0 to 500K monthly readers in 18 months)
- Stephen Panico (Chief Growth Officer at BuzzStream)
Some highlights from this survey on the impact of link building:
- 58.1% believe that backlinks have a big impact on search engine rankings.
- 56.3% believe that link quality and quantity impact rankings.
- 54.6% think that nofollow links improve authority and/or rankings.
- 84.4% think that link building has a big impact on brand authority.
- 59% say backlinks will have more of an impact on rankings in the next few years.
- 38.4% spend $1,000 to $5,000 a month on link building.
- 40.7% say content marketing provides the strongest passive link building results.
- 37.3% use organic traffic to measure the quality of a link.
There are a lot more insights in the state of backlinks survey. Educate yourself by reading our survey so you can outsmart your competitors.