In this thought-provoking article, Lincoln Murphy talks about how to understand what "success" is for your customers, and how to "solve for that" (as he says) to onboard customers as efficiently as possible. He says not to confuse your definition of success with their definition.
Some of the headings from the article are:
- What defines an ‘Onboarded’ Customer?
- Situational Success: Trial, Proof of Concept, and Early Lifecycle
- Not Sure How they Define Success? Ask.
- A Thought Experiment: The Online Store Builder
- Success Milestones
- Just Focus on the Next Success Milestone
This is definitely a different way of thinking about getting your users and customers started with your product.