Fareed Mosavat, Senior Growth PM at Instacart, discusses how he addresses challenges common challenges for data-driven product teams. To Fareed, understanding user behavior is essential for devising, running, and interpreting experiments. And, making data easily accessible in a raw format is the only way the company can measure and hit their specific goals.
In the Q&A Fareed covers:
* How the growth team operates at Instacart
* When out-of-the-box analytics tools work, and when they fall short
* Why row-level event data is vital for data confidence and advanced analysis
* How the team discovered that building a data pipeline to Redshift is harder than it looks
* Why combining data sources into a single database is the “Holy Grail”