Many in the mainstream media think Pay is the biggest threat to PayPal's business. What they don't see is the exponentially growing startup lying in the weeds.
- While watching YC's How To Start A Startup Stanford course, I came across this quote from PG in his Startup = Growth essay: "It's a good thing eBay bought PayPal, for example, because PayPal is now responsible for 43% of their sales and probably more of their growth"
- eBay is holding PayPal back from growth
- Pay is a competitor, but Stripe is growing quickly and is increasingly becoming a huge competitor
- Stripe is following the advice from PG and growing at an exponential rate
- My long bet is on Stripe to become the biggest payments company