A complete solution for growth teams
The end-to-end platform for content teams
Actionable Analytics insights in your inbox
Whether you need an in-company growth workshop,
hire and train a new growth team, deploy a growth
strategy or simply get a growth assessment before
planning the next steps, we've got you covered!
The #1 community for scalable growth.
Learn with the best minds in the world.
No results found for your search
Going after a niche rather than the whole market made us industry leaders on day 1.
Excellent article highlighting the benefits of marketing to tribes (tribal marketing). I would add the following benefits:
- Connecting with a tribe always means connecting with passions, making you highly relevant
- Tribes can nearly easily be found and researched on the web, saving you time and money
- Tribes as target groups are superior traditional segmentation, because they have tons in common. This means that you can join the sharing
- Tribes gather in places (communities), so that you can know where to find them
- Tribes share a common jargon and language, which means that you can be native in your approach
- Tribes share recurring events and happenings, that you can support and sponsor
- Tribes listen to tribal influencers. They are often much easier to court and partner with than celebs, and they can give you social proof
All startups should explore the tribes they market and bring value to
I agree. I really think that the word 'Tribe' is the perfect way to put it. Will use it in the future, thanks!
Excellent! And when you do it, do it boldly knowing:
1) Tribes are a better description of reality, than traditional target groups defined by common characteristics like age, sex, nationality, occupation and social class. Why? Because people of the same age have less in common than they did 50 years ago, and the way we connect with others is through joint passions and interests.
2) It's not only a better description of how we connect, but also how information actually spreads.
3) Tribes is not a fad thing. It's not a neater way of saying target group. Neither did it begin with Seth Godin. It has been well established and researched within Consumer Culture Theory for over 30 years. This means that there is a whole body of scientific knowledge that you can dig in to. Tribes also elegantly describes the shift in our identity and consumer behaviors from Industrialism to the Network Society.
Use the feedback box below if you have a question, comment or general feedback.
Your feedback has been sent.
Sweet! The link has been copied to your clip boardy board!
Flash isn't supported. Please copy the link manually.