It's probably taboo to self-promote stuff here, so I'll try to add some useful info in this post too.
I just launched a book on Growth Hacking. It focuses purely on practical stuff, basically ideas that you can implement right away. And it contains 100 of these ideas. For those who are interested, there's a $5 discount coupon at the end of this post :)
For many of you, I think much of the content will be stuff you already know. It's not really aimed at expert growth hackers or expert marketers - it's more aimed at startup founders / entrepreneurs who are new to online marketing. Basically showing people that there's a ton of stuff you can do for free, if you are a bit smart and a bit technical!
Anyway, what you might find interesting is this post - How I got $12k book preorders in one month:
I basically outline everything I did to get the crowdfunding campaign to its goal. I think it makes a good general case study for "launch marketing" style campaigns where you need to meet objectives quickly. If you don't have time to read the post here's the basic bullet points:
- personal facebook and twitter
- reached out to influential people
- wrote 3 blog posts
- reached out to journalists
- wrote 1 guest post on a major tech blog
- did an AMA on a regional tech blog
- priced for the niche
- had high priced tiers
- created a teaser site
- kept the cover simple
- tested multiple titles
Things I wish I had done:
- created a video
- should have started campaign on a monday
- should have saved guest post until much later
But the post gives more details.
Anyway, if you're interested in picking up a copy of the book, here's a coupon code:
And to use the coupon go here:
If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them! You can consider this a mini AMA.
p.s. if you don't know me, my quick background summary would be...
- started and sold a recipe site back in 2007
- started a bunch of different projects, many have failed!
- became CTO of an ecommerce company in Japan, grew very fast (but we were also VC funded and spent tons of money)
- now happily run a SaaS business, self-funded, it's one of those "lifestyle business" that people either look up to or look down on haha
- mentor with Singapore Management University and True Incube Thailand. Also guest lecturer at INSEAD on their entrepreneurship course. Currently in talks to have my book made part of the syllabus.
- have lived in Japan, China, Singapore, and am now currently traveling round the region constantly. In the last couple of months have been in Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, and am currently posting this from Bali!