Tim Soulo is the Chief Marketing Officer and Product Advisor at Ahrefs, a powerful software suite that helps marketers with keyword research, competitor research, link building, rank tracking, mentions monitoring, website audit, and much more. Viewed as one of the most influential SEO masterminds in today’s digital marketing industry by many, Tim frequently shares his knowledge on various marketing concepts through blogs, research papers, and at marketing conferences.
I recently caught up with Tim for an interview where he emphasizes the importance of using SEO as a crucial customer acquisition channel and suggests that marketers be wary of measuring vanity metrics.
Some of the questions he answers:
- What are some vanity metrics that marketers should stop measuring?
- How to create different content for customers at different stages of their user journey?
- What can bootstrapping businesses do, on top of SEO marketing, to acquire more customers?
- How can startups with lesser budget use SEO to compete against bigger brands?
- If you had to bullet point your marketing learnings from your experience over the years, what are a few things that stand out to you?
Read the full article and let me know your thoughts!