No results found for your search
Great chapter of Clearbit's ebook on data driven sales.
What tools are there that let you combine CRM data and product Analytics? The article mentions Segment, but I'm guessing there is additional tooling needed as Segment doesn't (ironically) let me build segments.
Sure! What CRM and analytics software are you using?
There's six common methods for plugging tools together, but only a few are suited to this kind of volume and complexity of data.
1. One-click "instant" integrations - can't handle the complexity of custom analytics events through to a custom CRM
2. Manual export and import - tedious for an ongoing events stream
3. Zapier and workflow tools - designed for many one-off sends (like form submissions), not millions of analytics events
4. All-in-one tools - HubSpot to HubSpot CRM?
5. Custom code integrations - more common, but takes a lot of setup
6. Data warehouses - dump all your analytics data into Redshift/BigQuery etc. then import later into your CRM. Expen$ive and slow.
Then there's customer data platforms which are built for this. That's the category of product you need for something like this, particularly one built for B2B.
This article goes into it a little more: https://www.hull.io/blog/six-signals-you-need-a-customer-data-platform.html
Thanks for writing this Ed. Are there any universal triggers that you've seen across your customers? We don't have quite enough data (low volume enterprise software) to have identified super obvious patterns.
It's hard to answer without diving into your business :)
Enterprise sales software? Do you sell before they use the product, or do they get to use it first?
Either way, start by focusing on your North Star Metric - ht @seanellis - what is the key thing people are doing to get value from your product? How can you measure that? What's a significant milestone for them that indicates they're really using it and getting value from it - not just testing or "playing around with it" ?
I've been a big fan of Elle throughout her career. Great to see her work profiled here. Excited to she what she does next.
Join over 70,000 growth pros from companies like Uber, Pinterest & Twitter
Use the feedback box below if you have a question, comment or general feedback.
Your feedback has been sent.
Sweet! The link has been copied to your clip boardy board!
Flash isn't supported. Please copy the link manually.