Stuart McKeown at Gleam.io covers Facebook's recent big announcements about organically increasing Likes on their platform.
- What is a Like Gate? - These gates allow you to hide content within a Facebook page tab until a user has liked the page first.
- What is Happening to Like Gates? - Facebook is removing an essential part of their API that apps use to check if a user already likes a page or not.
- What About Like Actions? - Come November 5th apps will not be allowed to award entries into a sweepstakes or competition by asking a user to Like a page.
- Why Are Facebook Doing This? - Five reasons provided in the article.
- How Will The Chanage Impact Businesses? - It highlights the fact that you need to always diversify your marketing channels.
- How Does This Change Impact Gleam? - Charts included.
- Welcome to the World of Action Gating - Here's some alternatives to Like Gates.