What is Git?
Git is free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle small to very large projects with ease.
What is GitHub?
GitHub is a web-based Git or version control repository and Internet hosting service. It offers all of the distributed version control and source code management (SCM) functionality of Git as well as adding its own features. Version control is system that records the changes to file over period of time. There are different types of version control system such as:
1. Local Version Control System
2. Centralized Version Control System
3. Distributed Version Control System
You don't know anything about git or github? Well then we brought you this fantastic course git and github essentials. We are expecting from you ti have basic idea of Linux and its command line.
Topics covered in this course:
1. An introduction of Git and Github, including how to install Git on your Linux system.
2. First steps with Git
3. How to start working with remote repositories
4. Understand how to work with different files
5. How to revisit the history, branching and recovering from failures
6. How can you customize Git to get the most out of it, including working with sub modules
7. A detailed introduction to Github
8. How to host your own Github repository
9. Understanding and working with best practices.
Join over 70,000 growth pros from companies like Uber, Pinterest & Twitter