Scott Britton shares ten tactics for how he promoted his first Kindle book - Lifehacks: 63 Ways to Save Money, Improve Time Management, Produce Great Work, and Increase Productivity - to get 41,000 downloads on Amazon and made $1,000 in the first days. He also shares mistakes that he made along the way.
Whether you are planning to promote your own e-book or help someone promote theirs, all of these tactics apply. Some of these tactics are more effective, however, if you already have a strong social media presence.
- Feed the Rabid Freebie Hoarders On Giveaway Sites
- Promote On Sites With Messaging Systems
- Build Your Insiders List and Ask Them Directly
- Find People With Mailing Lists And Ask For Real Estate In the P.S.
- Blitzkreig Relevant Facebook Groups and Twitter Handles
- Promote in Your Vacation Autoresponder
- Reward Kind Gestures…To Inspire More
- Create Special Access Opportunities and Experiences
- Feature and Quote Other People, Then Encourage Them To Help Promote & Review
- Create Ancillary Content Around the Book During the Week of the Promotion