This article was originally written for Project Managers but these practices will be useful for anyone who manages a team.
Here's a short version of the list:
1. Make sure team members commit to a delivery date.
2. Make certain everyone knows what they have to do.
3. See if everyone is engaged with the project.
4. Value other people’s time.
5. Make sure you are supportive of your people.
6. Recognize people’s achievements publicly.
7. If the work is blocked, make some changes.
8. Stay motivated and be vigilant.
9.Tackle the challenges.
10. Under-promise and over-deliver.
Join over 70,000 growth pros from companies like Uber, Pinterest & Twitter